Discovering Atwater Market
Food markets are some of the most vibrant, energetic, and community inspiring parts of any place. As Billy Wilder said in his 1963 film, Irma La Douce, regarding a bustling food market in Paris, this is “the stomach of the city.” Atwater Market is right on Griffintown’s doorstep and undoubtedly feeds a healthy portion (pun intended) of Montreal’s population. Montrealers know the value of good quality, local, specially imported and gourmet foods, and Atwater plays an integral part in providing this to the community. Sumptuous colours, textures, and aromas emanate from this neighbourhood hub. Fish mongers, butchers, bakeries, cheese shops, florists, along with city-dwellers clutter the market’s long hallways. Multiculturalism permeates through the building – specialty products imported from abroad line shelves, and restaurants serve foods from around the globe. Jasmin et Fils Fruits et Légumes is one of the larger produce merchants within the market. The colours within their impeccable fruit and vegetable selection are impossible not to gravitate toward. Le Coin Gourmand is almost completely constructed of towered jams and preserves with succulent flavour combinations. Locals flood Premiere Moisson on their lunch time break. Built in 1933 and named after Edwin Atwater, a 19th century business man and […]
Arsenal: A Beacon of Art and Culture in Griffintown
In recent years, Griffintown has carved out a truly unique place for itself in Montreal’s arts and culture scene; it is currently home to some of the best artistic cultural gems found in Montreal. From music, to art, to theater and performance – through both the hot summer and brisk winter months – there is no shortage of activities available in Griffintown for people of all ages and fields of interest. Seemingly off the beaten path, the area is perfectly suited to encourage vibrant communities engaged in artistic events. Galleries litter the intriguing mix of residential and commercial areas within the borough. Arsenal Contemporary Art is one gallery in particular that is exceptional in its dedication to its engagement with the community through the arts. This behemoth of a building is firstly impressive in its grandeur. What was once a 19th century shipyard is now a massive space dedicated to contemporary art, measuring over 80,000 square feet. “The building was erected in 1853 by the entrepreneur Charles-Auguste Cantin for the Montreal Marine Works and by 1857 was deemed the biggest shipyard in Montreal employing between 150-200 employees and producing steamboats for close to a hundred years before closing its doors” […]
Griffintown condos a sellers market
Condos are another story Condominiums, however, are not selling at the same rate. Thousands of condominiums have popped up in the Montreal area in recent years, especially downtown, and many of them remain unsold or unoccupied. “We are still in a market where the buyer has more [power] than the seller,” Cardinal said. “The surplus narrowed significantly in 2016. We are not far from balance, but the vast majority of sectors remain to the advantage of buyers. One of the only exceptions is the southwestern part of the island of Montreal, which includes Griffintown and Saint-Henri. On the South Shore, we have Boucherville and Saint-Bruno.” http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-real-estate-1.3923940?cmp=rss
Arts & Entertainment1
In recent years, Griffintown has carved out a truly unique…
Parks & Recreation6
Griffintown, Montreal. Parks and recreation.
Along the Lachine canal is a cool place to live…
Restaurants & Pubs4
There are new investments in restaurants, bars and food markets…
Schools & Services5
Schools and services in the Griffintown area.
Shops & Businesses9
Dense and mixed spaces, parks and streets, sustainable buildings, various…
- Colorado Nightlife ,Community & Events August 2, 2017Stay tuned to Events in Colorado, help fundraisers, and be a part of the nightlife. We will post some of the biggest events in the state here.... Read more » The post Colorado Nightlife ,Community & Events appeared first on OutNGo.
- Fun Events in New York City August 2, 2017Click “Going” on this event page to stay up to date on events in New York City! Like The NYC Daily Event List for more upcoming events.... Read more » The post Fun Events in New York City appeared first on OutNGo.
- LOABros Events by Kolton G Krotinger August 2, 2017Website: LOABROS.com World’s Largest Dog Day Event Here: https://www.facebook.com/events/634152220115131/?active_tab=about Owner: Kolton G Krottinger, Law of Attraction Brothers LOABROS.com Who is it for?All ages – Family HOW MUCH... Read more » The post LOABros Events by Kolton G Krotinger appeared first on OutNGo.
- Free Events For Kids August 2, 2017Looking to keep the kiddos occupied without breaking the bank? You’ve come to the right place! I’ll post local, fun free events for kids and families here... Read more » The post Free Events For Kids appeared first on OutNGo.
- Events in Chandigarh August 2, 2017The city beautiful Chandigarh is all set to experience the fragrance of Rose Festival 2017 which is scheduled to be held at Rose Garden in Sector 16.... Read more » The post Events in Chandigarh appeared first on OutNGo.